We recommend the following information and support resources for young adult survivors.
Information and Support Resources
- I'm Too Young for This – Founded by a brain tumor survivor, I2Y has a fantastic website featuring comprehensive resource lists such as financial assistance and scholarships, social networking opportunities, the Stupid Cancer radio show, and more.
- Young Adults Surviving Glioblastoma – This online resource for survivors features survivor stories, live chat, and information.
- Imerman Angels – A survivor-founded peer support organization that partners someone fighting cancer with someone who has faced the same diagnosis.
- Planet Cancer – A survivor-led organization based in Austin, TX with an online forum, retreats, "cancertainment," and real-world advice.
- Ulman Cancer Fund – A survivor-led organization based in Columbia, MD, with support and networking groups, college scholarships, a survival guide, and community grants to grassroots organizations.
- mAss Kickers – An online portal for survivors featuring discussion forums, videos, and more designed to "educate and inspire." Created and run by a brain tumor survivor.
- Prepare to Live – A global, survivor-led organization building community among young adult survivors through film, online networking, retreats, and a buddy program.
- Vital Options International – Vital Options was founded in 1983 as the first psychosocial and advocacy organization for young adults with cancer. It also broadcasts The Group Room ® cancer talk radio show weekly.
- Young Cancer Spouses – This site features resources for spouses including practical caregiving tips, stories from caregivers, connection with other caregivers, recommendations, and resources regarding financial and legal issues.
- People Living with Cancer- Cancer in Young Adults – This site provides helpful information on various topics pertaining to life with cancer as a young adult from the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- CancerCare for Young Adults – Information and resources including counseling, telephone support groups, and financial assistance.
- National Cancer Institute - Information portal with links to resources for questions about cancer, treatments, coping and support and young adult issues.
- FinAid - Database of scholarships for cancer patients, survivors and others touched by cancer.
Young Adult Brain Tumor Survivor Blogs
- Bryan, glioma survivor
- Liz, glioma survivor
- Eric, meningioma survivor
- Brett, glioma survivor
- Jessica, JPA survivor
- Travis, schwannoma survivor
- Audra, oligodendroglioma survivor
- Matthew, medulloblastoma survivor
- Kimberly, acoustic neuroma survivor
- Christie, young adult caregiver
Share your blog with us! Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org