Tell Congress to Make Funding for Medical Research a Priority
There is no doubt that Congress and the President will enact a budget that includes deep cuts to certain programs. As they determine what is cut and what program funding is maintained – we need to let our elected officials know that funding for bio-medical research at the National Institutes of Health should be among the top priorities. Tell Congress that you want them to oppose any reduction in funding for NIH. Take action today.
- The brain tumor community faces a life-threatening disease, and at anytime, any American may face a brain tumor.
- A brain tumor diagnosis impacts health and a person’s sense of "self."
- Over 575 people a day are diagnosed with a brain tumor in the United States.
- Among children under 20, brain tumors are the second leading cause of cancer-related death.
- Congress has already invested in tools that are helping to advance brain tumor research including The Cancer Genome Atlas
- Congress should not retreat in the fight against brain tumors but should maintain funding so that research may advance and find new therapies.
Sign up to receive the next NBTS Action Alert straight to your inbox!