- Provides scientific support for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of grant proposals
- Provides scientific guidance for management of research portfolio
- Monitors scientific assessment of technical progress and performance.
- Provides support to Senior Director of Research to implement and assess scientific impact of funded projects and Initiatives
- Works collaboratively on key organizational projects as part of an integrated NBTS Programs Department.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience and Abilities
Ph.D. from an accredited college or university, including acceptance of the dissertation in an academic field of the health or pertinent sciences (i.e., biochemistry, oncology, physiology, molecular biology, etc.) aligned to health or health-related research. Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with internal staff and scientific community. Understanding of the interests, internal dynamics, and relationship of an academic, pharmaceutical, and contract research organization and the drug development process. Understanding of complex systems and Big Data. Well developed research and analytical skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Capacity to develop reports for both lay and scientific audiences. Ability to professionally represent the National Brain Tumor Society when communicating with external audiences. Ability to multi-task, handle multiple priorities, and adjust quickly to emerging issues and needs. Proficient in Microsoft Office with particularly strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint. Significant travel is required; domestic and international.
If you are interested in joining our organization, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Local candidates only, please. No agencies, please.