- Leads and manages the national volunteer program by recruiting large corporate, social and educational groups and for other office needs.
- Establishes volunteer start times and needs with Operations Staff prior to website launches.
- Works closely with the volunteer subcommittee chair to recruit volunteers.
- Works with the Database Manager to manage the Saleforce volunteer database by assigning volunteers to appropriate positions on a weekly basis and sending volunteer roles and duties prior to event day.
- Assists the operations staff in fulfillment of volunteer needs for the day of the event.
- Posts online ads for volunteers needs on various sites.
- Conducts personal outreach via email and telephone to past volunteers.
- Responds to all volunteer inquires and questions.
- Assists Event Directors with volunteer recruitment needs.
- Identifies volunteers for spotlight features for online, social media and e-news listing.
- Encourages volunteers to participate in fundraising campaigns.
Day of Event:
- Acts volunteer lead for assigned events, including all Boston based events.
- Provides support to the Operations staff and Event Directors.
- Sends Thank You communication to all volunteers for each event.
- Processes day of event volunteer registration paperwork by recording volunteer information in Salesforce database.
- Conducts a post event debrief with volunteer subcommittee chair.
- Sends a post-event survey to volunteers, collect and analyze data to use for improvements to volunteer program.
- Develops volunteer newsletter and seasonal communication plan to continue year round cultivation of our national events volunteers.
- Provides strong customer service, support, and logistics and technical assistance to Operations staff.
- Maintains key production calendars and project deliverables.
- Records and files all invoices for event production and operations expenses, including RFPs and reimbursements.
- Files all vendor contracts, COI, permits and other documents.
- Tracks all event expenses to help Operations staff monitor event budgets.
- Manages operations staff travel calendar and assist with travel arrangements.
- Works with Travel agent and Operations Staff to establish travel arrangements required for other NBTS Staff.
- Acts as liaison to other key departments.
- Assists in maintaining and updating event books, files and documents
- Assists in event shipping and inventor for all events programs
- Prepares minutes for all Operational Staff meetings, as required.
- Serves as office manager for Operations Department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience:Bachelor's Degree required and prior experience or knowledge in Development and Event Planning preferred. Minimum of 1-2 years of prior experience working in an office setting required. Experience in recruiting and managing large groups of volunteers.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, strong command of the English language.
- Experience with donor database software programs and online fundraising platforms (Salesforce and Convio preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft’s Office with particularly strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Enjoys working with a wide variety of people including donors, volunteers, vendors, Board members and staff.
- Ability to travel.
If you are interested in joining our organization, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Local candidates only, please. No agencies, please.